Monday, September 3, 2012

A Wish Come True


At the airport with her awesome
big sister, Katelyn

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted.  We had a terrific time on our Make a Wish trip to the Florida Keys.  Kimberly had so much fun swimming with the dolphins.  We also went deep sea fishing, and of course Kimberly was the only person to catch anything!  Watching Kimberly do all the things she did last week showed me even more how much of a fighter she is...her spirits the past couple of weeks have been amazing...
 
Dancing with the dolphin!
Earlier this week, we were in Chapel Hill again to see her doctors.  She will be going back weekly, and on October 1, she will have a scan to see what radiation has done.  I pray that we get great results because at this point the doctors do not know what's next. 
 
 
 

Smooches!

Here is something for all of you who have been thinking of and praying for Kimberly: Tonight Kimberly decided that she did not want dinner (she as not been eating very well).  As I was cleaning up the kitchen, I heard Kimberly say, "Mom, can I have some noodles?"   I told her I would bring her some.  She said, "You don't have to."  I turned around... and there she was.  She had crawled off the couch and scooted into the kitchen on her butt!  This child hasn't moved without the assistance of a wheelchair in months!  If that's not proof of a miracle at work, I don't know what is. 
  I believe God is working his miracles.  Thank you all for your prayers for Kimberly.

1 comment:

  1. You GO GIRL!!! That trip to swim with the dolphins looks awesome!!! You are an inspiration. Keep smiling and never give up. God loves you so much and he knows your fears and pain. He is with you always. Only he knows the reasons why.........rest in HIS arms.

    ReplyDelete