Friday, October 5, 2012

Still Praying...

Things have not been so good lately.  Monday was the day we’d been waiting for: The trip to Chapel Hill for the scans that would tell us if the radiation had eliminated some of the cancer.  When we arrived, we learned that Kimberly’s doctor was not there.  This was the first in a few days of bad news.  The hospital ran the tests and we learned that Kimberly’s cancer has progressed in the upper and lower spines.  There is a new lesion in the lower spine that was not there on the last scan.  Things are up in the air right now: Even the doctors don’t know where to go next.  We meet with them again in Chapel Hill on Tuesday to talk about a treatment plan. 

Since the hospital, Kimberly has not been feeling well.  She has been extremely tired, and I’m not sure whether it’s from the cancer or the news that it’s gotten worse.  We are all doing what we can to boost her spirits and make her smile.  Please keep praying for us – we need it now more than ever.